NIS ALUMNI ASSOCIATION
The NIS Alumni Association/Unit commenced operation in 2009 with Mr. Borha David Oladeji as the pioneer Chairman and Mr. Amulum Philip as the Secretary; and with the following Executive members: CSP Soibi Harry, Princess Ajibola Omaedo, Mr. Gbogbodu Princewill, Mr. Okanlawo Lawal and Mr. Adoki O. T.
Though the Association/Unit took off in 2009, that is 35/37 years after the conception/establishment of the Institute in 1972 and 1974 respectively; it is important to note that the Institute was upgraded into full functionality in 1992 through its Decree (Decree 31 of 1992) and since then it has undergone phases of transformation and innovation towards attaining acceptable world standard, of which, the establishment of an Alumni Unit/Association is one.
We believe this will afford all past graduates of the Institute the opportunity to reconnect, share innovative ideas/information, particularly in sports, socialize and support in the further development of their alma mater through a formidable endowment programme/Activities.
The NIS Alumni Office/Unit is charged with the responsibility of:
- Collating and updating records of all NIS Alumni for use in the Alumni Office and the Institute.
- Bringing into association all NIS Alumni, home and abroad through it’s programmes and available social media applications.
- Enhancing communication and interaction between the Institute and members of NIS Alumni Association all over the world.
- To create the opportunity for members to contribute their financial and professional resources/capacity for the overall benefits of the Association and the Institute through endowment activities.
- To organize seminars, workshops, conferences and clinics for members to update them on the current practices and innovation in sports and related fields.
Objectives of the Alumni Association
- To promote interaction between the Association members and its Alma Mater.
- To inspire, develop and maintain sustainable interest of the Alumni in the affairs of the Institute.
- To assist members maintain the relationship and common interest shared/formed as students.
- To foster the spirit of give-back to the Institute and the community through endowment activities.
- To establish a medium through which members will continually support and advance the welfare/well being of their Alma Mater.
- To project the image of the Institute to the entire world for possible recognition and attract prospective students from all over the world.
Benefits of the Association
- The Association serves as an avenue for social interactions among members.
- Enhances vital communication links and exchange of current and relevant information for members.
- Affords members the opportunity to continually tap from the reserve and current technical and professional expertise of the Institute.
- Enables members to partake in the available refresher courses, workshops, seminars, conferences etc. in the Institute.
- Members will have access to possible recognition in terms of awards/rewards during occasions in the Institute such as convocations.
- Enables members contribute in sports matters and development through the Institute, both National and Internationally.
- Affords members the privilege of the Institutes representation and honour at social events such as marriages, dedications, graduations etc.
Some of our prominent Alumni
The following are some of the notable Alumni of the Institute since inception
- Abdul Maikaba – Head Coach Enugu Rangers FC
- Abiodun Salau – Coordinator Fution League, Surulere, Lagos
- Adebiyi Adekunle – Coach Football, Nigerian Army
- Adegbesan T. – Coach Lagos State Sports Commission
- Aliyu Zubairu – Technical Adviser Gombe United FC
- Ann Chiejine – Former Super falcons Goalkeeper
- Augustine Eguavoen – Technical Director NFF
- Bala Abubakar – Head Coach Niger Tornadoes FC
- Chioma Ajunwa – Olympic Gold Medalist (Athletics)
- Christopher Achor – Basketball Coach
- Daniel Ogundede – Technical Adviser Remo Star FC
- David Borah – Pioneer chairman, NIS Alumni Board of Trustees
- Emma Lossar – Football Coach
- Fanni Amu – Head Coach/Gold Medalist U17 World Cup Team, Japan 1993
- Fatai Amoo – Asst. Coach national U20 Football
- Fidelis Ikechukwu Kamara – Coach, Plateau United FC
- Friday Ekpo – Former Nigeria International, Football
- Godwin Uwua – Former National U/20 Coach, Football
- Ibrahim Musa – Football Coach, Kano Pillars FC,
- Imama Amapakado – Football Coach
- Jackson Bidel – Bayelsa State Sport Council
- John Udoh – Stadium Manager, Uyo
- Joman Egwekhide – Football Coach
- Ladan Boso – National U/20 Coach/President Nigerian Football Coach
- Languji Olumide – Teslim Balogun Stadium, Lagos
- Lawal Lateef Oluwakemi – Coach Weightlifting Nigerian Security & Civil Defence Corps
- Manu Garba – Former U17 and U20 Coach/Technical Director Mailantarki and Cares, Abuja
- Moh’d Bami Bukar–Coach Elkanemi Warriors FC Maiduguri
- Odeh Ehidu – Athletic Coach Nigerian Navy
- Omatiga Gabriel – Football Coach, Police Machine FC Gombe
- Peter Ahmadu – Basketball Coach, Ass Coach National Team
- Precious Dede – Goalkeeper Trainer Indian National U17
- Ramso Modu – Football Coach/former Coach Heartland FC
- Sani Mohammed – Commissioner of Police
- Solomon Abari – Athletic Coach
- Uko Monday Obot – Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports- South South Zone
- Umuago Akpome – FIFA Referee
- Usman Haruna Elerika – FCT Foot Association Secretary
- Wemimo Matthew –former Head Coach Edo Queens FC
For more on information on NIS Alumni Please contact the Coordinator NIS Alumni: Mrs E.J. Osuji, Phone: 08034540823. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org